St Fillan’s Playgroup provides your child with an environment structured to the framework of the pre-school curriculum and guidelines within which they can develop in the following areas:
- Cognitive – the child’s ability to learn and solve problems.
- Social and Emotional – the child’s ability to interact with others, including helping themselves and self-control.
- Speech and Language – the child’s ability to both understand and use language.
- Fine Motor Skills – the child’s ability to use small muscles, specifically their hands and fingers, to pick up small objects.
- Gross Motor Skills – the child’s ability to use large muscles.
A number of activities are available to your child each day at playgroup to help them develop in the above areas. These activities change over the course of the week/term but include:
- Home corner
- Play Dough
- Sand table
- Climbing frame and slide
- Craft and Gluing table
- Jigsaws and puzzles
- Painting, drawing and cutting
- Music and song
- Outdoor activities
During your child’s time at St. Fillan’s Playgroup, they are allocated a key worker. The child’s key worker will take photographs and record observations of your child using learning journals. You will receive electronic notifications when observations have been added to your child’s personal learning journal portfolio so that you can log on and view your child’s updated journal.